Monday, September 8, 2008

Bizzare (Araby)



Questions:
1.) Why did the narrator in this story want to go to the bazaar so badly?
2.) Why did the narrator see himself as a "creature derided by vanity?"
3.) What are the true value of material objects, and why (however unfortunately) are emotions usually not enough?

The theme of this story is how people should learn to put emotions before possessions.

This story is coming up empty for me.  I'm not sure if the entire story is about the narrator being irked by his father's lateness and the subsequent lateness at the bazaar, or if it is about how attraction in the physical realm is not something to place value upon, or if it is something completely different from these.  As I am so lost at this point, i am at a loss for comments on this writing too.  I'll develop this further at a later time hopefully by which I will have gained insight on this story.

No comments: