Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Possible Writing Contract Topics

There are several options that I am considering for my inquiry contract paper, and most of them center around non-human animals.

The first option I'm considering, and what is probably what I'll end up doing, is discussing the morality behind using endangered species for entertainment purposes (i.e. Tigers, African/Asian elephants in circuses, housing endangered species in parks designed for entertainment rather than research-based, etc.). I feel that having these rare animals in these situations in incredibly detrimental to their survival as a species, and every effort should be taken to provide the best conservation efforts possible in an attempt to remove them from the endangered species list, and not onto the extinction list.

Another possibility that I'm considering is the morality of intentionally created cross-breeds (a.k.a. hybrids). Animals such as the liger, zorse, and others that would not normally exist in nature are forced to come about by scientists. There is no telling how the mutations might affect certain individuals, and it may in fact be quite a painful experience.

No comments: