Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm better because I say I am (post 9)

The most blatant psuedo-argument that I have on a regular basis (usually with Mrs. Grunat) is the debate over superiority between Macintosh and Windows-based computers. Let me say, first of all, that both systems have their strong points, and both have their weak ones. There are reasons to use both. However, being as I have been a Microsoft user since I was 3 years old, i will typically take the side that Windows-based computers are superior. For example, for gaming, word processing, spreadsheets, file transfers, and data storage, Windows computers are superior, because they have been engineered to do just that since the conception of Microsoft. However, for video editing, photo work (this one is debatable, iPhoto is crap), music, and general durability, Apple is superior in that this is the direction that Apple has chosen to go. Granted, there is gray area to be found all over this argument, most institutions will come to a consensus that the superiorities are fairly-well spread out. However, there is not one clear defined answer, which is why this is called a psued0-argument.

No comments: